Monday, December 31, 2007

Forbidden Fruit

I love you, I always have
Since the beginning of time.
Always we find each other
Even across lifetimes so vast.
But what would they say
If I brought you home
As more than a friend, but
As the love of my life instead?
How can a touch so gentle
So sweet, so tender
Be forbidden, be taboo?
So long I searched
Looked in places all wrong,
Never knowing my greatest desire,
Was to be touched only by you.
I need no one else
To stand by my side,
My love, my hope, my longing,
My comfort, my savior, my inspiration,
There is no one for me but you.
Yet how do I tell,
How can I share,
The joy that I have found,
When no one seems to understand,
Sees you as just another passing phase,
In a life they just can’t seem to get?
If only they knew,
If only they could see firsthand,
The love that you give,
The pleasure you bring,
The light that you shine into the darkness
Of my life, once so lonely and cold.
Never did I think
I would find all that I’ve wanted
All that I’ve longed for,
All that I’ve craved
In your arms, in your heart.
You’ve melted the ice
That permeated my existence
And brought me a life anew,
My love, my desire,
My forbidden fruit,
I will always be one with you.

No comments: